Teachers must serve K-12 students in Greater Greensboro and may teach any subject at public, charter, or private schools
Applications due by 5 pm on Monday, October 3, 2016
ArtsGreensboro announced today that applications are available for its 2016-2017 Teacher Art Grant program, which awards grants to:
- Emphasize arts projects and programs in all school subject areas;
- Support the teaching of the N.C. Arts Curriculum;
- Bring artists into the classroom;
- Reach large numbers of students; and
- Encourage cooperative arts projects among schools, teachers, PTAs, and other organizations.
Teachers, PTAs, and schools serving K-12 students in the Greater Greensboro area may apply for grants ranging up to $1,500 for projects that involve direct student and teacher participation. Teachers in any subject area may apply; grants are available for public, charter, and private schools. Funding may be used for securing arts resources, providing arts programs, and hiring artists or arts consultants; funding may not be used for purchasing standard classroom art supplies or for administrative or operating expenses.
Find further details and application forms at artsgreensboro.org/grant-programs/teacher-art-grants; completed applications are due by 5 pm on October 3, 2016. Applications will be reviewed by a volunteer panel and evaluated on:
- Quality of artistic experience and programmatic merit;
- Ability to complete a quality project;
- Relationship between the project’s artistic objectives and the school’s arts curriculum; and
- Number of students served.
Grants for projects that provide a meaningful arts experience will be given priority over capital expenditures and needs for permanent equipment. The panel prefers to fund just one project per school each year.
Please contact ArtsGreensboro Development Director Chip Berry at CBerry@artsgreensboro.org or at 336-373-7523, x243, with any questions or to review applications before final submission.
Notification of awards will be made in December 2016, with the final report due to ArtsGreensboro by June 5, 2017.
In 2015-2016, ArtsGreensboro awarded grants for arts projects ranging from a few hundred dollars to $1,500 to 15 teachers in public, charter, and private schools. The total amount awarded for the 2015-2016 school year was $15,050.