Who are the A+ Fellows?
- A+ Fellows conduct the professional development for A+ schools and partner organizations.
- A+ Fellows are active practitioners who include PK-12 classroom teachers, arts and other special area teachers, administrators, college professors, teaching artists, and practicing artists from all disciplines.
- A+ Fellows complete a one-year paid apprenticeship before becoming an A+ Fellow.
- A+ Fellows are paid as consultants and work part-time based on school needs and Fellow’s availability.
Who are A+ Schools Looking for?
A+ Fellows are looking for potential A+ Fellows with:
- An understanding of the arts in education, school culture, and teaching best practices
- Knowledge of and experience in at least one of the following: the arts in education; arts integration within an art form or in a non-arts content area; curriculum design, assessment, and instructional practice; leadership and team development
- Demonstrated facilitation and presenting skills for adult groups, including strong oral communication and active listening skills
- Understanding of and experience with the creative process
- A collaborative spirit
A+ Schools are especially seeking:
- Potential A+ Fellows of color
- Potential A+ Fellows who are available to work during the school day
The recruitment process is now open. Interest potential A+ Fellows should register for one of three informational sessions by January 31, 2023.
- February 9, 2023 5-7 PM in Charlotte
- February 16, 2023 5-7 PM in Fayetteville
- February 18, 2023 1-3 PM in Raleigh
See the full recruitment timelines and deadlines here.