Artist Support Grants
October 18, 2021 11:59pm
Artists in all disciplines are eligible to apply for grants to support their professional and artistic development through a partnership of the North Carolina Arts Council and Arts Davidson County, Davie County Arts Council, The Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County, Randolph Arts Guild, and ArtsGreensboro.Grants will range in awards from $500 to $2,000. Artist Support Grants will be distributed to eligible applicants by ArtsGreensboro in the following counties: Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, and Randolph.
Application deadline is 11:59pm on Monday, October 18th.
Watch the video recording of the Zoom informational session below.
Artists must have lived in the region where they are applying continuously for at least one year prior to the application deadline. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien. Proof of residency and status may be required. Artists who live in more than one region should apply only where they spend the majority of the year.
Small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply. All members of a collaborating team must be North Carolina residents, live in the region where they are applying, and meet the other eligibility requirements. Résumés documenting residence from all team members should be included with the application
- The Artist Support Grant is intended to support a broad range of talented visual, performing, literary, and interdisciplinary artists.
- Eligible candidates may be either emerging or established artists.
- Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to spending a significant portion of their time on their work as artists.
- The grant is open to resident N.C. artists in all disciplines, from traditional to contemporary and established to emerging.
- The grant can be used to support a range of professional and artistic development;
- Creation of new work;
- Improvement of business operations;
- Marketing/expanding capacity to reach new audiences;
- Artist fees.
- Artists who are sole proprietors of organizations that have already received funding for FY21-22 from the N.C. Arts Council are ineligible to apply.
- Current board and staff members of the participating partner organizations and their family members are not eligible to apply for the award.
Funding GuidelinesEmerging or established artists are encouraged to apply to support a range of professional and artistic development including the creation of work, improvement of business operations, or expanding capacity to bring work to new audiences. Artist fees are also allowable expenses. Artists in all disciplines are eligible to apply.
What the Grant Will Fund
What the Grant Will Not Fund
•Scholarships for undergraduate- or graduate-level education.
•Projects that support or oppose a particular candidate for public office.
•Projects that are exclusive to members of a particular religious faith group.
•Projects that do not have a direct effect on the applicant’s growth as an artist (e.g. the promotion of other artists’ work).
Watch the video recording of the Zoom info session above to get your questions answered.
You may also contact Darlene McClinton directly at (336) 279-7086 or click below to send an email.