Each year, ArtsGreensboro provides support to arts organizations, projects, teachers and artists through the following competitive grant programs.
Mission Support Grants
Mission Support Grants are single-year investments for mature arts organizations with unrestricted operating revenues exceeding $500,000 annually for the past three consecutive years. Applicants must have a demonstrated record of success in creating or presenting programs of the highest artistic quality and regional significance, engaging diverse participants, and providing high-quality and/or innovative educational programming.
Project Support Grants
Project Support Grants are single-year investments in projects proposed by arts organizations that do not receive Mission Support funding. Projects must engage and impact the community.
- Dance Project, Inc.
- Bel Canto Company
- Greensboro Opera
- Casa Azul of Greensboro
- Touring Theatre of North Carolina
- Music for a Great Space
- The Salvation Army School of Music & Arts
- Weatherspoon Art Museum
- Triad Pride Performing Arts
- Creative Aging Network – NC
- Piedmont Blues Preservation Society
- Downtown Greensboro Foundation
- African American Atelier, Inc.
- Greensboro Ballet Inc.
Teacher Art Grants
Teacher Art Grants fund school projects that emphasize the arts in all subject areas; support the teaching of the N.C. Arts Curriculum; bringing artists into the classroom; reaching a large number of students; and encouraging cooperative arts projects among schools, teachers, PTAs, and other organizations.
- Lisa P. Williams – Sternberger Elementary School
- Howell D. Ledford, Jr. – Weaver Academy
- Mrs. Heavenly McDuffie – Hunter Elementary School
- Kathryn Sayani – Northern Guilford High School
- Penny Casto – Falkener Elementary School
- Denise Lineberry – Pleasant Garden Elementary
- Kerrie -Jean King – Northern Guilford High School
- Marta Richardson – Bluford Peeler STEAM Academy
- Kirsten Joseph – Jefferson Elementary School
- Stephanie Bartis – Sedgefield Elementary
- Stephanie Allen – Western Guilford High School
- Elizabeth Brown – Erwin Montessori Elementary
Regional Artist Grants
ArtsGreensboro coordinates the Regional Artist Grant program on behalf of a consortium of five counties: Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph, and Rockingham. Funding is provided by the North Carolina Arts Council and matched locally by participating counties. This program offers grants to artists residing in these counties to further their development as professional artists at any stage in their career.
- Patricia Wasserboehr
- Nicholas Daniel Wiley
- Rick Dillwood
- Princess Johnson
- Janet Malia Allard
- Susan Kirby-Smith
- Madelyn J. Greco/Scott H Fray
- Jacqueline Haggerty
- Steven M. Cozart
- Kathryn Gauldin
- Logan White
- Alexandra Joye Warran
- Daniel Ayers
- Steve Haines