Mission Support Grants
Award Amounts Up To $100,000
Through competitive grant programs, ArtsGreensboro invests in high-quality arts experiences that further its core values of access, inclusion, and cultural equity.
Mission Support Grants are intended to support:
- The creation and/or presentation of programming with high artistic merit—including visual arts, music, dance, theatre, and other performance, instructional and/or creative arts programs or art forms. Priority is given to the arts experience itself (we do not fund expenses associated with endowment-building, capital projects, fundraising, debt reduction, the acquisition of equipment, or training programs).
- Programs with high artistic merit that demonstrates defined and measurable outcomes, including impact on the community.
- Programs that increase access to the arts, engage the community and enrich the varied cultural vitality of Greater Greensboro.
- Arts education experiences that inspire and engage students (including life-long learning) enhance curriculum, and result in increased knowledge and skills in the arts.
Mission Support is a competitive single-year program for mature arts organizations with unrestricted operating revenue exceeding $500,000 annually for the past three (3) consecutive years. Applicants must have a demonstrated record of success in creating or presenting programs of the highest artistic merit and regional significance and further ArtsGreensboro’s core values.
Mission Support Grant program is funded by foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
Apply For This Grant
December 23rd, 2019 at 11:00 PM EST
Who Can Apply?
An organization is eligible to apply for a Mission Support Grant if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Produces or presents the arts to the public in the Greater Greensboro region through ongoing arts programming;
- Has its principal office in the Greater Greensboro region for at least the last three (3) consecutive years;
- Can demonstrate nonprofit 501(c)3 tax-exempt status from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and a current charitable solicitation license from the State of North Carolina;
- Has operated as an arts organization with unrestricted operating revenue exceeding $500,000 annually for the past three (3) consecutive years; and
Governed by a board of directors in compliance with Chapter 55A, Article 8 of the North Carolina Non-Profit Corporation Act.
Organizations must confirm eligibility to apply with staff before applying.
Grant-making organizations and entities that receive a majority of their operating budget from a unit of government or college/university programs are NOT eligible to apply for Mission Support and Project Grants. Organizations receiving or applying for a Mission Support Grant may not apply for Project Support Grants.
The Grant Review Panel will use the following criteria to evaluate and score Project Grant applications on a scale of 1 to 100. An organization’s commitment to each criterion should be apparent throughout the entire application. By demonstrating this commitment, organizations of any size and discipline can achieve a rating of “Exemplary.”
Review Criteria Rubric
Applicants must meet a minimum score of 50 to receive funding for either Mission Support or Project Grants.