Regional Artist Project Grant

Award Amounts: Up to $2000

ArtsGreensboro coordinates the Regional Artist Grant to help artists with big projects in their careers. Primarily funded by the North Carolina Arts Council, a limited number of grants are offered annually to professional artists at any stage in their career.

Eligible artistic disciplines are music (both classical and contemporary), dance, visual arts (painting, photography, sculpture, and pottery), film/video, drama, and literature. Applicants must submit samples of their work and provide a narrative description of their career development plans. Grant recipients are required to sign a contract and file an evaluation at the completion of their project.

Detailed Information

Apply for this grant

Application Deadline

Midnight, Monday, November 25, 2019

Who Can Apply?

Residency Requirement

To be eligible for this grant, applicants must live in one of the following counties for at least one year prior to applying:

  • Alamance
  • Caswell
  • Guilford
  • Rockingham
  • Randolph


These grants support professional artists in any discipline and at any stage in their careers to pursue projects that further their professional development. 

Applicants must be over 18 years of age. 

Applicants can not be currently enrolled in any degree or certificate program.

What Can A Regional Artist Project Grant Be Used For?

Presentation and Promotion

The cost of producing a demonstration recording for a composer; a multimedia presentation for a choreographer; a portfoio for a graphic artist; editorial assistance for a writer; brochures; slides; etc.


To specific workshops, retreats, or seminars; or traveling to gather information intrinsic to the artist’s form.


Rental of equipment or facilities for presentation of a new work; recording studio space, etc.


Purchase of supplies and materials necessary for the completion or production of a new work deemed by the artist to be an essential work in his/her career.


Advanced Training or Coaching

Funds can not be used for tuition for a degree or certificate program.

Questions? Contact Darlene McClinton at