High Point University’s Department of Studio Art + Graphic Design & The Sechrest Gallery of Art
CALL FOR ARTISTS
High Point University’s Sechrest Gallery of Art and Department of Studio Art and Graphic Design announce a call to student artists in grades 9-12 for a juried exhibition of art to be held Tuesday, November 1 through Saturday, November 5, 2022. Student artists may submit original 2-D or 3-D work made using the technique/s of their choice.
We invite student artists whose work is selected for inclusion in the show to spend Saturday, November 5, 2022, on HPU’s campus for a tour of our art facilities, hands-on workshops, and more!
Student artists whose work is selected for exhibition should RSVP for this day-long event by MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2022.
Tuesday, November 1 through Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Reception and Awards Presentation
Saturday, November 5, 2022, 3:00 pm.
- Entry Portal Opens: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Deadline for Entries: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Acceptance Notification Sent: Monday October 17, 2022
- RSVP for Campus Visit and Reception: Monday, October 24, 2022
- Exhibition Opens: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Reception and Presentation of Awards 5, 2022 (3 PM)
Cash prizes will be awarded in the following amounts:
- 1st Prize: $250
- 2nd Prize: $150
- Honorable Mention: $50
- Honorable Mention: $50
All entries must be original work completed by current High School students in grades 9-12 no more than two years before the entry deadline.
- Student artists can submit up to two works for consideration.
- Emailed notifications of acceptance will be sent by Monday, October 17, 2022.
- The Sechrest Gallery of Art/High Point University reserves the right to reproduce accepted
artwork for publicity and documentation purposes.
- Artwork must be submitted to https://www.highpoint.edu/arts-design/2022/06/24/2022-emergingartists-invitational/ by 11:59 pm on Friday, October 7, 2022
- The entry form must be filled out in its entirety.
- Please be sure to:
- list the sizes of artworks
- crop the photos to include only the artwork
- submit images that are right side up.
- Images should be high resolution and in JPG format. Submitting a good, clear photograph
of your work is VERY IMPORTANT! Please label the jpg image with YOUR LAST NAME and the
ARTWORK’S TITLE (Example: Jones.SelfPortrait)
For more information:
Emily Gerhold, Sechrest Gallery Director
Jane Baker, Sechrest Gallery Program Manager