Open Position: Full-Time Box Office & Concessions Manager
About the Position
The Carolina Theatre of Greensboro, Inc. is seeking a Box Office & Concessions Manager. This is a full-time, year-round senior staff position responsible for all aspects of Box Office and Concessions operations oversight. The Box Office & Concessions Manager will work closely with all departments to ensure smooth, safe, and fulfilling experiences for patrons, guests, and renters visiting the Theatre, and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front of House Support
- Oversee Box Office and Concessions personnel, which includes scheduling, work allocation,
training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution
- Develop/update manuals and training materials.
- Provide a high degree of customer service orientation to maintain excellent public relations
with our patrons and clients.
- Work closely with Events Manager to coordinate staffing and other FOH needs.
Box Office Management
- Oversee and execute all Box Office operations including contracts, event builds, reporting,
database maintenance, and show settlements.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of ticketing software (currently Spektrix).
- Ensure box office policies are compliant with ADA regulations.
- Work closely with the Development department to help manage patron and donor
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key strategic partners, such as
local performance groups, promoters, and community leaders
- Oversee and execute all Concessions operations including inventory, ordering, and POS
- Maintain strong professional relationships and consistent communications with vendors and
- Ensure that alcohol sales and services are compliant with NC ABC laws and regulations.
- Maintain the concessions menu boards (Yodeck) and menus for the bar.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Require minimum of 3 years of professional ticketing experience.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills, polished public manner, and ability to work well with board members, donors, volunteers, and a
diverse group of staff with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge simple graphic design such as PicMonkey or Canva.
- Prior customer service, hospitality, or House Management experience.
- Previous experience with cash handling.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, be flexible, and adaptable.
- Consistent and dependable work ethic.
- Should possess high energy, a sense of humor, and grace under pressure.
The Carolina Theatre of Greensboro operates with a small staff structure and all staff are required to
wear multiple hats. Successful candidates must be willing to complete duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Board.
Salary commensurate with experience and keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale, $35-$50k. Benefits include Medical Insurance, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, and a 403(b) Retirement Plan
How to Apply
Please submit resumes and references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Box Office/Concessions Manager Opening” or mail to: Carolina Theatre of Greensboro
Attn: Brian Gray
310 South Greene Street
Greensboro, NC 27401.
About the Carolina Theatre of Greensboro
The Carolina Theatre is downtown Greensboro’s community performing arts center. Billed as the Showplace of the Carolinas when she opened in 1927, today the theatre is home to concerts from artists across all genres, classic and independent movies, community theatre and dance, as well as local performances in our third-floor loft theatre, The Crown.
The Carolina Theatre welcomes more than 100,000 people annually through her doors, helping to ensure the mission of Presenting Arts, Preserving History. We welcome visitors from all over the world to enjoy music, shows and plays, rent our space for private events, and to be a part of our community.