FALL 2022 REQUIREMENTS
About the Internship
ArtsGreensboro is seeking an unpaid part-time intern to work in its grants and development department. Students will gain experience in working for a non-profit arts organization specifically with fundraising initiatives, including grant writing, donor relations, nonprofit leadership, artist outreach, storytelling, and data analysis.
- Content development for ArtsFund campaigns and other fundraising efforts, including direct mail, appeal letters, thank you letters, donor recognition, and grantee impact stories
- Coordinating special donor events
- Researching funding opportunities and trends
- Donor data analysis
- Learn new skills in grant funding, grant applications, grant writing, and grant reporting
Students will work on a project basis and meet with the appropriate ArtsGreensboro staff member for a progress report. This internship is designed to fulfill academic objectives for a local undergraduate program, as part of their degree requirements. We will assist students and faculty with any necessary reports or evaluations.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Pursuing a degree in arts administration, nonprofit leadership, or another related path
- Passion for nonprofit leadership and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills
The student will work closely under the direction of the Creative Community Engagement Officer, Darlene McClinton Students will be asked to report 6-12 hours per week to complete weekly projects. The internship schedule is set by the student to accommodate other school and work obligations. This internship requires in-person attendance, but remote work can be negotiated for special circumstances. This internship is unpaid.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and transcript to Jordyn Whitted at email@example.com. Students should use this contact information for any questions or concerns regarding the internship or application process.
Deadline to apply: September 2, 2022.
About Arts Greensboro:
ArtsGreensboro invests in programs that provide access to the arts for all citizens, support arts integration in our schools, build capacity for our arts community, and unify the community through the power of the arts. www.ArtsGreensboro.org