Regional Artist Project Grants
ArtsGreensboro coordinates the Regional Artist Project grant program on behalf of a consortium of five counties: Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph, and Rockingham. Funding is provided by the North Carolina Arts Council and matched locally by participating counties. A limited number of grants are offered annually to residents of these counties to further their development as professional artists at any stage in their career.
Grant funds may not be used for tuition in degree programs. Eligible artistic disciplines are music (both classical and contemporary), dance, visual arts (painting, photography, sculpture, and pottery), film/video, drama, and literature. Applicants must submit samples of their work and provide a narrative description of their career development plans. Grant recipients are required to sign a contract and file an evaluation at the completion of their project.
Individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply (each member of the group of artists applying for the grant must meet all of the eligibility requirements);
- Applicants may be either emerging artists or established artists and should possess a strong record of artistic accomplishment appropriate to the stage of his/her career;
- The applicant must be a current resident of Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph, or Rockingham counties, and must have lived in that county for the 12 months preceding the application date;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and not currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Regional Artist Project grant recipients who were awarded the grant within the last three years are not eligible to apply. For example, recipients awarded a Regional Artist Grant in 2015, 2016, or 2017 are not eligible to apply for the current cycle, which will award grants in 2018.
Questions may be directed to Chip Berry by emailing email@example.com.
- Artistic Excellence
- Professional Commitment to his/her art form
- Contribution of the proposed project to the applicant’s professional development
- Feasibility of the proposed project.
Staff of ArtsGreensboro or any other partner arts councils are not eligible to apply.