Regional Artist Project Grants
ArtsGreensboro coordinates the Regional Artist Project grant program on behalf of a consortium of five counties: Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph, and Rockingham. Funding is provided by the North Carolina Arts Council and matched locally by participating counties. A limited number of grants are offered annually to residents of these counties to further their development as professional artists at any stage in their career.
Grant funds may not be used for tuition in degree programs. Eligible artistic disciplines are music (both classical and contemporary), dance, visual arts (painting, photography, sculpture, and pottery), film/video, drama, and literature. Applicants must submit samples of their work and provide a narrative description of their career development plans. Grant recipients are required to sign a contract and file an evaluation at the completion of their project.
Artists practicing all art forms at all stages of their development may apply. However, applicants must currently reside in Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Rockingham, or Randolph Counties and must have lived in their respective county for one year immediately preceding the application date. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and may not be currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
The evaluation criteria include:
- Overall excellence of the applicant’s art work and demonstration of exceptional talent
- Serious professional commitment to art form
- Contribution of the proposed project to the artist’s professional development
- Feasibility of the proposed project
Typical grant investments could include funds for expenses in the following areas:
- Promotion/Presentation: The cost of producing a demonstration recording for a composer or performer; a multi-media presentation for a choreographer; a portfolio for a graphic artist; editorial assistance for a writer; brochures; slides; etc.
- Travel: To specific workshops, retreats, or seminars; or traveling to gather information intrinsic to the artist’s art form.
- Services: Rental of equipment or facilities for presentation of a new work, recording studio space, etc.
- Supplies: Purchase of supplies and materials necessary for the completion or production of a new work deemed by the artist to be an essential work in his/her career.
- Training: Advanced study or coaching.
Application Deadline: Midnight November 26, 2018. All applications to be submitted on the Go Smart online platform.
Project Timeline: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
Project Evaluations Due: January 15, 2020.
Contact ArtsGreensboro grants manager Chip Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Participating Arts Councils
|Alamance County Arts Council
213 South Main Street
Graham, NC 27253
|High Point Arts Council
Centennial Station Arts Center
121 S. Centennial Street
High Point, NC 27260
PO Box 877
Greensboro, NC 27402
Caswell Council for the Arts
Randolph Arts Guild
Rockingham County Arts Council
Staff of ArtsGreensboro or any other partner arts councils are not eligible to apply.