Festival Marketing & Communications Intern
Position: unpaid internship
Commitment: June – September
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
With an annual budget of approximately $4 million, ArtsGreensboro is a catalyst for innovation to build recognition and support for the arts. Through its ArtsFund-supported grant programs, the 17DAYS Arts & Culture Festival, I HEART ARTS Month, and other opportunities including the National Folk Festival and the Levitt AMP Greensboro Music Series, ArtsGreensboro is driving the health and vitality of our community by supporting arts education, celebrating the diversity of Greensboro, and driving economic impact through excellence in arts programming.
The Festival Marketing & Communications Internship will provide an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the non-profit arts industry. The Festival Marketing & Communications Intern will be exposed to the administrative side of three prominent arts and music festivals. Primary tasks will include managing content on festival websites, implementing social media marketing strategies, and assisting in event planning. The intern will also provide support to the Marketing & Communications Coordinator and other ArtsGreensboro staff members as the organization prepares for and executes the upcoming Levitt AMP Greensboro Music Series (May 1 – July 9), the National Folk Festival (September 9 -11), and the 17DAYS Arts & Culture Festival (September 9 – 25).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Assist in managing content on festival websites.
- Compose social media updates on festival accounts.
- Gather 17DAYS Arts & Culture Festival and National Folk Festival press clips and mentions for use on website and archives.
- Assist with distribution of promotional items.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent written and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated individual who is successful in independently completing projects by the deadline.
- Knowledge of and extensive experience with social media required.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred.
Send resume, and cover letter to Kaitlin Smith, ArtsGreensboro Marketing & Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com.