FALL 2022 REQUIREMENTS
About the Internship
ArtsGreensboro is seeking an unpaid part-time intern to work in its marketing department. Students will gain experience in working for a non-profit arts organization specifically with marketing initiatives, including public relations, digital marketing, content creation, social media, and branding.
- Developing content for the ArtsGreensboro blog
- Designing graphics for print and social media marketing campaigns
- Writing PR documents including press releases and media advisories
- Contacting important stakeholders for interviews and statements (including ArtsGreensboro board members, government officials, ArtsGreensboro grantees, etc.)
- Website design, SEO, and analytics
- Monthly Arts InFocus newsletter including content development, artist interviews, design and layout, and MailChimp distribution
- Attend relevant ArtsGreensboro meetings
Students will work on a project basis and meet with the appropriate ArtsGreensboro staff member for a progress report. This internship is designed to fulfill academic objectives for a local undergraduate program, as part of their degree requirements. We will assist students and faculty with any necessary reports or evaluations.
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or another related path
- Student must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Students should have introductory knowledge in Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design platforms
- Passion for marketing and public relations and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills
The student will work closely under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Jordyn Whitted. Students will be asked to report 6-12 hours per week to complete weekly projects. The internship schedule is set by the student to accommodate other school and work obligations. This internship requires in-person attendance, but remote work can be negotiated for special circumstances. This internship is unpaid.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and transcript to Jordyn Whitted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should use this contact information for any questions or concerns regarding the internship or application process.
Deadline to apply: September 2, 2022.
About Arts Greensboro:
ArtsGreensboro invests in programs that provide access to the arts for all citizens, support arts integration in our schools, build capacity for our arts community, and unify the community through the power of the arts. www.ArtsGreensboro.org