Mandatory workshops scheduled for Thursday, February 25, 2016
Application deadline: 5 pm on Friday, April 1, 2016
ArtsGreensboro announced today the opening of its 2016-2017 Project Support Grant program. These one-year, competitive grants are for arts organizations or individual artists (working with a fiscal sponsor) with arts projects commencing on or after July 1, 2016.
Project Support Grants invest in high-quality art experiences that further one or more of ArtsGreensboro’s strategic priorities:
- Access: Increase community access to the arts, and ensure rich diversity, sustainability, and growth of arts resources;
- Economic vitality: Support economic vitality and position Greensboro as a cultural destination by recognizing innovation and excellence in creativity; and
- Arts education: Foster life-long learning in and through the arts.
Applicants must demonstrate how their projects will engage and impact the community. Grant applications may be downloaded at www.artsgreensboro.org/grant-programs/project, and are due to ArtsGreensboro no later than 5 pm on Friday, April 1, 2016.
Organizations and artists interested in applying should attend one of two Project Support Grant Workshops hosted by ArtsGreensboro on Thursday, February 25, 2016:
- 9:30 – 10:30 am: Orientation Room (Room 203), Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 North Davie Street, Greensboro, NC 27401
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Theatre, Caldcleugh Multicultural Center, 1700 Orchard Street, Greensboro, NC 27406
If applicants cannot attend one of these workshops, they must contact ArtsGreensboro Development Manager Chip Berry at 336-373-7523, x243, or at CBerry@artsgreensboro.org before submitting their application. For more information about the Project Support Grant program, please visit www.artsgreensboro.org.