CALL FOR ACTORS
It’s that time of year again! Shared Radiance Performing Arts Company is thrilled to announce our upcoming auditions for this fall’s main stage show, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, written by William Shakespeare and edited by Shared Radiance employee, Jenni Pirkey.
Information about the Audition
- Auditions for SRPAC’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream will take place Friday and Saturday of next week, July 15th and 16th. Those interested in auditioning can sign up now for a 10-minute audition slot on Friday from 5:30 pm-8:30 pm or Saturday from 1 pm-4 pm.
- Auditions will take place at the Greensboro Cultural Center (200 N. Davie Street) in Room 408.
- The audition will consist of cold reads, and anyone who wishes to bring a prepared, brief Shakespearean monologue is welcome to do so! Headshots and resumes are welcomed, but not required.
- Performances of this show will take place September 29-October 2 and October 6-9, with a rain date of October 10. Please confirm your availability concerning these dates before you audition.
- While this production is non-AEA, there will be several paid principal roles.
- Auditioners must be 18 years or older, outside of the role of Changeling Boy, who will be 6 years (or less) of age.
- Most rehearsals will be at 609 NC Hwy 62 East in Pleasant Garden with some being at Greensboro Cultural Center, beginning August 22.
About Our Shared Radiance
The overall mission of Shared Radiance Performing Arts Company is to entertain, enlighten, educate and explore experiential and interactive theatre through the works of Shakespeare and beyond. During SRPAC productions, audience members often travel through parks and public places following the actors from scene to scene. SRPAC also produces a 50- minute Shakespeare Compilation that is performed in schools across North Carolina. SRPAC is dedicated to outreach, education, and creating quality experiences for every audience member.
RPAC is a member of the North Carolina Theatre Conference and the Shakespeare Theatre Association. Administrative offices are located at 609 NC Hwy 62 East in Pleasant Garden with performance sites throughout the Triad and beyond. SRPAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national and/or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military or veteran status in any of its educational programs, employment practices, and activities.